Pin It

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

How to Make a Sock Bun and 2 Easy Hairstyles

Sock Bun = 2 easy hairstyles

I love when you can do 1 thing and get 2 great results. I also love saving time so this hairstyle is a great go to. 

You have to start with the sock bun in order to get the other hairstyle. 

So I am sure you are wondering how to make and use a sock bun. Here are step by step instructions.

You need to find a sock old or new that is up to you. I know people who have done both. I think if the sock is washed it would be ok to use and new socks work great. In the pictures I am using one of my husbands old socks to show you the steps on how to make a sock bun. Making a sock bun is cheap and really easy. 

Step 1: Find or buy a sock. I prefer to use black socks but it doesn't matter you could use white or black socks. I think black socks blend better with my dark hair. 



Step 2: Now cut off the tip (toes) of the sock like in the picture. 



Step 3: Then start from the top where the elastic is and roll the sock.






Step 4: The end result will look like a bagel. It is that simple you have made a sock bun. Now on how to use it and end up with 2 great hairstyles. 



How to use a sock bun?

Step 1: I like to do this with wet hair. To use the sock bun you can do it with dry or wet hair. I just feel if you are doing the sock bun to get the second wave curly hairstyle wet hair is the way to go.



Step 2: Put your hair into a high ponytail. The higher the pony tail the better.




Step 3: Take the sock bun and put your ponytail through it. Like the picture below. 



Step 4: Pull the sock to the tips of your hair. 




Step: 5 Take your hair and wrap it around the sock bun. Tucking and rolling towards your head. 



Step 6: You will end with a beautiful bun.








Now on to the second hairstyle.

This is even easier than the sock bun. Leave the sock bun in for hours. I usually put it in at night and when I wake up I have beautiful curls. You could also do it in the morning and take it out in the evening. The longer you keep the bun in the better the curls. You can't beat curling your hair with this method it saves so much time.

Step 1: Unroll the sock bun.

Step 2: Take out your ponytail and you have beautiful wavy curls. Just spray with a little spritz of hairspray and your curls are done.  Just like the picture below.



I love both hairstyles. The bun is great anytime and fancy enough for special occasions. I love the curls and it saves so much time.  

Thanks for stopping by. 

Mrs. Fife

No comments:

Post a Comment