Pin It

Saturday, January 11, 2014

At Home Gel Shellac Nail Polish Kits

Gel/Shellac Polish at Home Kits


I don't know about you but to me going to the nail salon to get my nails done was bothersome. I used to sit there and think of the other 5 places I needed to go to. Even if you make an appointment you could still be stuck waiting and waiting to be taken, which to me was a great waste of time. The frustration of running your errands around when the salon opened and wouldn't be as busy was a pain.  I would endure this over and over again because I liked the way my nails looked. I realize some people love going to get their nails done and find it relaxing and rejuvenating. I am just not one of those people. 

I like the new gel or shellac as some people call it. I used to get acrylic nails but once I found out about gel/shellac polish I was sold. I never really was the type to get designs or nail art. I liked simple french tips or solid color polish, so gel/shellac polish was perfect for me. 



I heard about kits to do gel/shellac at home but I continued to go to the salon and spend the time and money. I looked into but found it to be expensive like $80 for the starter kit and light needed to set the nails. What was the big expense was the light you absolutely need in order to set the nails. So I decided to keep going to the salon and spending the money and time.

A few months ago I decided to look into the kit again and found my local Sally Beauty Supply store had a sale going on. If you buy the LED lamp you get the gel/shellac kit for FREE. Is the lamp cheap? No. However it did make the entire purchase worthwhile and it also made me willing to take the chance and try doing my nails at home. I knew I would save money if I did my nails at home and I could do them whenever I wanted. I could do them while watching TV at 10 at night or whenever. 



I bought the ASP Mini LED Lamp for $59.99 I got the kit for free and I bought an extra nail polish. I got the ASP LED/UV Gel Polish Manicure Kit for free but if I had to purchase it the amount it sells for is 32.99. I spent a total of $69.00 and I had everything I needed and an extra nail polish. This isn't bad if you consider how much you spend to have your nails done at the salon. 



I tried it and it was easy and works great. The results are the same as the salon, it lasts as long as 2 weeks just like my salon gel/shellac polish. It doesn't chip anymore or less than the salon. It is an all around win. I am saving money by doing my own nails.  I have bought additional nail polish but the kit comes with 1 red nail polish and I wanted a few different choices. If you are wondering there is a lot of various polish colors to pick from the answer is yes. 



I keep track of how much I am saving and even with the additional polishes I am still saving. What I love about it is I can do my nails whenever I want. I don't have to wait for the salon to open or my schedule to open up. I have done my nails at 7 in the morning because I had a bridal shower to attend and late at night when I finally had a chance to sit down.

I also save money because I know my salon charged to take off my previous gel/shellac polish. All they did was use 100% acetone and had me keep my nails in it for 10 to 15 minutes. Well I purchased 100% acetone nail polish remover at Walmart for 2 dollars and change. I take them off the same way my salon did by pouring a small amount into a bowl and soaking them.



So if your like me and didn't want to take the chance and spend the money on something that may or may not work. I am telling you I love it and it works. I give it 2 thumbs up. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Mrs. Fife 


No comments:

Post a Comment